My job requires me to travel on a regular basis and to be clean shaven. Sometimes I don’t have time to shave in the morning so I wanted an ultra-compact and super portable shaver for shaving in the car. Sure, I could bring my favorite Panasonic Arc ES8243A Nano Shaver but if I could get something smaller for on-the-go shaving, why not? So I bought the Braun PocketGo P-70 Men’s Shaver to test it out. This turned out to be a great choice since it has everything I need in one tiny package. First of all, it’s battery powered, which means I don’t have to worry about lugging around cords and chargers wherever I go.
It has a protective twist cap that locks into place whenever I close it. The shave is great too: the floating foil matches the shape of my face to give me a close shave, especially for quick touch-ups. There’s an extendable precision trimmer included as well for those of you with moustaches or sideburns. Best of all, it’s easy to wash – a quick rinse under tap water is all it takes. This shaver works wonderfully for what I need it for: a reliable device for traveling with.
- Built for Travel: I’ll be clear – this isn’t the shaver I use on a day to day basis at home. I keep it with my luggage so it’s ready when I travel. It works perfectly for this mostly because it’s so small. I can fit the whole thing in my pocket if I have to, which means it doesn’t take up too much space in my carry-on. The protective twist cap is also a nice feature to make sure the foil stays safe while being bumped around during a flight.
- Battery Powered: This is another benefit that makes the P 70 perfect for travel. Instead of having to depend on a bulky cord or a charging stand I can just change out the batteries whenever I need to. All it takes are two double A batteries and it’s ready to go.
- Nice Shave: I was initially a little hesitant about relying on such a small shaver, but I shouldn’t have been. This little guy has enough juice to deal with my morning stubble. The floating foil gives a great shave without too much effort. While it can’t quite compare to a straight razor, it’s more than adequate for when I’m on the road.
- Easy to Wash: I hate having to waste time cleaning out gunky, messy razors. Just like every other part of it, cleaning the P 70 doesn’t take much muscle. I usually just run it under tap water once I’m done and put it away. No cleaning stands, no brushes, just rinse and done.
- A Little Weak: As you can probably guess, a shaver of this size probably won’t have as much oomph as some of its bigger cousins. This doesn’t mean it can’t handle a day or two of stubble, though. While I probably wouldn’t use it every day, it’s great for touch ups and for use while traveling.
- Battery Cover: The battery cover has a habit of coming off at inconvenient times. I’ve opened up my traveling case to find the batteries floating around in the bottom. This is only a minor inconvenience, though, and one that’s easily fixed with some forethought and a bit of masking tape.
Travel is easy with the Braun PocketGo P70. I don’t have to waste time or space packing a bigger, bulkier shaver, yet it still gets the job done. It’s battery operated, self contained, easy to clean and, oh yeah, it gives a great shave! I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a travel razor or a secondary shaver for the office.
It’s not the best shaver out there. It doesn’t give you the closest shave. But if you’re looking for a cheap ultra portable electric shaver, this is a good one to buy. If you’re looking for an electric razor for home, I would recommend something else.