There have been quite a few Braun shavers around and their marketing materials often flaunt their unique technology. You’ve probably seen or tried their famous Pulsonic electric shavers which offer thousands of micro-vibrations which help to get a better shave. But this particular Braun shaver isn’t a Pulsonic shaver, it’s just a simple electric foil shaver, that’s all. It might not have the latest technology out there but the Braun Series 3 340 Men’s Shaver is a good, no-nonsense shaver that works. In fact this was one of the first Braun shavers I’ve used, before I upgraded to the famous Braun 7 Pulsonic Shaver.
I’ve been getting a great shave from the triple action free-float system.The unique foil is designed to capture hair that grows in different directions, doing a very thorough job with little effort. It has a long battery life, as well as a LED indicator that lets me know when the juice is running low.
It’s easy to wash under tap water, but for a more thorough cleaning the clean and renew system works wonders. All in all this is a great razor that does its job well without a bunch of bells and whistles weighing it down.
- Great Shave: This is the most important part, right? The 340 stands up well in the “quality of shave” category. The triple action free float system does a great job of getting up close and personal with the shape of my face. I get a smooth, clean shave without having to waste time going over each spot several times. I didn’t have any irritation either, a problem I’ve encountered with other electric shavers.
- Convenient Charging System: I’m a big fan of how they designed their charging system. First of all, you can choose to lay the shaver down or prop it up in a stand while it’s charging. You also have a choice between a regular charge and a five-minute “emergency charge.” Even though there’s an indicator to let me know when the battery is low, I find myself using the emergency charge quite often!
- Long Battery Life: I travel a few times a month for my job, but I’ve never had any problems with the battery running out on me on the road. I’ve found that I can usually get nine or ten days out of it without having to plug it in.
- Easy Cleaning System: I really like this part. I don’t like to spend time cleaning my razor (this is probably part of the reason my last shaver didn’t last very long), but the 340 makes cleaning easy. I just run it under tap water once I’m done to get rid of most of the gunk. Every few days I’ll use the clean and renew system for a fresh, new-looking blade. Easy.
- Can’t Be Used Plugged In: This razor doesn’t have the option to be used while it’s plugged in. If the battery is empty it must be charged up again before it can be used. However, the emergency charge means that you won’t have to wait more than five minutes to use it if you’re in a hurry.
- No Carrying Case: It’s a really minor point, but there’s no case included to fit the shaver in while traveling/not in use. This doesn’t really bother me too much as the unit fits easily into a toiletry bag.
The Braun Series 3 340 Men’s Shaver is a solid shaver that gives a close shave without being bogged down with a bunch of unimportant features. The triple action free float system and foil give a close shave in a short amount of time.
It charges quickly and lasts for a while on a single battery. Cleaning it is quick and pain free. It’s really a solid foil shaver. If you’re a Braun fan and find that the Braun Pulsonic Shaver is too expensive, this cheaper alternative is definitely worth considering.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 18% discount for the Braun Series 3 370 Men’s Shaver. This means their current price is around $19 cheaper than the usual retail price.