The Braun Series 7- 790cc shaver features revolutionary pulsonic technology, which produces 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute to stimulate and lift hairs, allowing for a closer shave. To increase comfort, the Sensitive Flexing head is designed to contour to your face even in hard to reach areas around the chin, neck and nose. In addition, the shaver stays clean and lubricated thanks to the award winning Clean & Renew system, which operates at the touch of a button.
My Experience with the Braun Series 7- 790cc
Alright, now that the techie information is out of the way, let’s get down to what really matters. Does it work? The answer is a resounding yes! The Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver is hands down the next best thing to a good quality razor blade and lather.
You simply aren’t going to find any other electric razor on the market that shaves closer, and believe me I know because I’ve left a trail of them behind me over the past 20 odd years. I’ll admit I was a little skeptical about the “Pulsonic” technology, but there’s no question that the added vibration helps in getting a closer shave. And the foil pattern definitely helps to catch hairs that lay flat or grow at odd angles. Best of all, no razor burn!
It also has a nice, clean and refined look about it, and really feels solid in your hand while in use. This thing exudes quality. It’s rated for 50 minutes of cordless shaving time, but I usually get closer to 60, however it’s not an issue either way because it recharges completely in one hour and even if it dies on you, it can be used while plugged in, unlike most electric shavers on the market.
Finally, just a word on the Clean & Renew system: I love it! Just drop it into the holder, push a button and it does its thing. The cartridges are also surprisingly inexpensive, and after doing the math it works out to about $1.00 per week to operate, which isn’t bad at all.
- Construction — clearly a very well made shaver and looks like it will last for years
- Performance — delivers the best shave I’ve found of any electric razor
- Self cleaning — very convenient, one touch cleaning
- Plug and go — still useable if you find yourself with a dead battery, just plug and go
- Alcohol — the cleaning fluid has alcohol in it and sometimes there is leftover residue on the blades, so do yourself (and your face) a favor and give it a quick shake, or blow on the shaving head prior to using it, otherwise that alcohol will give your freshly shaved face a nice wakeup call
- Sticker shock — the initial price is a bit of a shock, but you get what you pay for (a high quality shaver that will last for years)
The Bottom Line
Overall I couldn’t be happier with my Braun Series 7- 790cc. My only real gripe, aside from those mentioned above is that they didn’t invent it years ago! It would have saved me and my face quite a bit of aggravation (and irritation) that I have experienced due to inferior electric razors. Even my wife agrees that it delivers a better shave than anything I’ve used previously, and ultimately she is the final judge! All in all I would have absolutely no problems recommending this to any guy that’s looking to retire their old blade and upgrade to the Cadillac of electric razors.
More Electric Shaver Reviews: