|Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor ES-LA93-K with Clean & Charge Station, Razor, Shaver, Electric Shaver, Electric Razor for Men, Electric Shaver for Men, Shavers for Men|
|Retail Price: $399.99|
|Amazon Price: $149.99|
As a gadget fan, I try to keep up to date on the fancy new technologies out there, especially when it comes to personal care. I don’t mind forking out extra to try something new and shiny as long as it performs as expected. I’ve tried a lot of the new electric shavers released in 2010 and the Panasonic ES-LA93-K Vortex Men’s Shaver definitely stands out as the best shaver of the year. Produced and assembled in Japan, the Panasonic Vortex shaver isn’t cheap but boy, does it deliver a great shave.
Having used Panasonic Vortex on a daily basis ever since I’ve bought it 2 months ago, I have to nothing but praises for this incredible electric shaver. This gadget is marvelously designed to give you the closest possible shave and its an complete shaving system as well, complete with a self-cleaning rechargeable base. This isn’t a cheap shaver by any means so I was apprehensive at first about giving this a shot but I am really glad that I did.
There are many advantages to justify the sum of money I’ve invested in this hi-tech beauty. Let’s take a look at what I like and don’t like about this shaver:
- High-speed linear motor – Plain, fast and powerful, the effectiveness of this shaver lies in its high-speed motor running at 14,000 micro-vibrations per minute which makes it the world’s fastest shaver. This is a powerful beast. Comparing it to most other shavers is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford family sedan. You can feel its power the moment you turn it on in your hands. Awesome rush.
- Quick and smooth shave – I have actually done 2 minute shaves with this powerful gadget. Because of its large and wide head, no re-tracking over missed spots was needed and there were no razor burns whatsoever. Speed is a pretty important factor for me because sometimes I don’t have much time to shave before I have rush out.
- Multiple Flexible head – Having highly flexible heads decreases the changes of nicks and cuts. The head follows the flow of your shave intuitively. The flexible heads aren’t a gimmick like I thought. They actually really do make a huge difference when it comes to shaving around the jawline. Very comfortable as well.
- Ultra-thin Vibrating Outer Arc Foil – The vibrating outer foil gently massages the skin while it shaves. The grip on hairs is sensitive enough to pick up even finer hairs. Foil shavers are generally closer shavers than rotary shavers and the foil on the Panasonic ES-LA93-K is wonderfully thin. This shaver gave me the closest shave I have had in a year with average shavers. The skin feels absolutely smooth to touch even if you shave on a daily basis.
- Excellent floating Nanotech blades – The four blades are well spaced. Sharp but not hazardous, they can navigate bumpier areas such as residual acne or moles smoothly. The targeting of hair growing at all angles without having to change gears is no small feat for any shaver. Panasonic Vortex does so without blinking.
- LCD screen – The LCD screen comes with a back light and notifies you of the time spent shaving. Great device for perfectionists like myself to keep track of time. Love the sci-fi style LCD light and design. Very classy. Tech-savvy folks will especially love it.
- On-board Trimmer – The on board trimmer can be exposed when needed and kept if not in use. This trimmer is great for trimming the trickier areas of your face such as sideburns with utmost care. Most shavers don’t come with this special attachment so this was definitely a plus.
- Easy Clean Vortex System – Unlike other electric shavers with an alcohol based cleaning system, Panasonic Vortex runs using water. The auto clean feature comes in cartridges makes cleaning a breeze. Just put the shaver back into the docking system and you’re done. Extremely hassle-free to clean and maintain.
- Good for all hair types – My facial hair is a blend of straight, fine hairs around the cheeks and curlier and coarser hairs around the chin and jawline. This shaver mows down all of them simultaneously. it also helped to get rid of ingrown hairs for good.
- Wet/Dry Use and Fully Waterproof – Vortex gives you the Wet/dry versatility you need for various occasions. You can use it while in the shower or clean it right after shaving under running water. Shave with soap and water or shaving cream as well.
- Ergonomic grip and design – With an awesome feel and grip, Panasonic Vortex truly makes shaving a pleasant tactile experience. The shaver and the rechargeable charging base both come in a sleek black for a stylish, manly addition to your bathroom.
- Large shaver head – The larger head makes it hard to navigate around the ears without the on board trimmer.
- Price – The high price might be a deterrent for the budget conscious.
With Panasonic ES-LA93-K Vortex, I can now happily nozzle up to my wife without her complaining about my stubs. I also find myself touching my face every now and then in the day, just to relish how smooth my face feels. This just triggers memories of boyhood when shaving wasn’t required. I really enjoy looking at and using this shaver. I’ve had it for 2 months now and I’m still fascinated by how well it performs. Love it.
Given its excellent build quality, design and features I would highly recommend buying this shaver if you can afford it. A good shaver can last you for years so when you divide the price, it comes to something like $10 a month. Yeah, that’s not a lot of money. Don’t worry about over-paying because seriously, this amazing shaver is worth every cent you spend. Trust me, you’ll feel the same once you start using it.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering a generous 43% discount for the Panasonic ES-LA93-K Vortex Men’s Shaver. This is a massive savings of $170 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer while it lasts.