|Panasonic ES8043SC Pro-Curve Pivot Action Linear Wet/Dry Shaver, Silver|
|Retail Price: $99.99|
|Amazon Price: Click Here to View Sale Price|
I recently decided to upgrade from disposable razors to an electric shaver. I decided to give the Panasonic ES80435C Pro-Curve Pivot Action Linear Wet/Dry Shaver a try based on the recommendation of a friend. I’ve been really pleased with it so far. I like the independently floating triple heads quite a lot – they give me a really close shave without much effort. The counter directional inner blades do a great job of getting those awkward little hairs that are easy to miss.
It’s a wet and dry shaver, which makes it easy to switch between the shower and the sink as I need to. The battery lasts a while and is quick to charge, needing only one hour to charge fully. A five stage LED monitor gives me a heads up when the battery is running low, which has come in handy on several occasions. I’ve definitely been happy with my decision to switch to the ES8043SC.
- Close Shave: From what I understand, different types of shavers work well for different types of beards. Mine tends to grow in quickly and is quite thick and coarse. It doesn’t seem to matter how thick it gets, though, because the Panasonic goes right through it. I usually shave every day, but on weekends I might go without for a couple days. Once Monday comes around the shaver is able to work right through the stubble without any sort of problem.
- Wet and Dry Shaver: I used to hate having to take the extra time to shave in front of a mirror every morning. Now all I have to do is bring my shaver into the shower with me. I haven’t noticed any difference in performance in or out of the shower, so either way I know I’m getting a great shave.
- Quick Battery Charge: Even with the LED battery monitor, I always end up being caught by surprise when the battery runs out. Whenever this happens, though, I just use the five minute emergency charge, which gives the shaver enough juice to last through one shave. If I have some time to spare, I can do a full charge. It only lasts an hour, so I never have to worry about losing too much time.
- Lightweight: I travel on a regular basis for my job. I’ve been really happy with how compact and lightweight this shaver is, making it great for traveling. This also makes it easy to hold and maneuver.
- Annoying Noise: The sound of the motor is a little bit annoying, especially first thing in the morning. It makes a high pitched sound that can grate after a while. On the upside, though, it’s not all that loud so it won’t wake anyone else up.
- No Charging Stand: This is just nitpicking, really, but there’s no stand included to prop the shaver up on while it’s charging. Instead it just has to lie on the sink. This doesn’t really bother me all that much, but if you’re picky about how things look in your bathroom you may have to get creative and make a stand for it.
I’ve definitely become a convert to electric shavers, thanks mostly to the Panasonic ES8043SC Pro. Its triple heads and counter directional inner blades produce a close, clean shave in no time. It’s got a great battery life, it’s quick to charge, and it can be used both in and out of the shower. There’s nothing too fancy about it, but it gets the job done well.