|Panasonic ES8249S Nanotech 4-Blade (Arc 4) Electric Shaver with Vortex Cleaning System|
|Retail Price: $249.99|
|Amazon Price: $994.74|
As you’ll soon realize, I’m a huge fan of Panasonic electric shavers. The Panasonic ES8249S Arc IV Nanotech Vortex Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver is the most advanced of the Arc IV line. If you’ve used Panasonic foil shavers before, this one needs no introduction. It’s basically the superb Panasonic ES8243A but with a self cleaning system added to it. This shaver has saved me so much time and money over the past couple of years. How does it save me time? The 4 nanotech blades are huge, making it easy to shave a big area in just one pass.
It has a pivoting head that moves to match the contours of my face, making it even easier to get a clean shave in one swipe. Independently floating triple heads with counter directional inner blades get the job done with little fuss. Once I’m done, I save on cleaning time by dropping it in the HydraClean System.
The battery lasts for a while, but when I need some juice I have the option of a one hour quick charge or five minute emergency charge. It’s great not to have to waste money on disposable razors, and the time the ES82495 saves me can’t be beat.
- Shaves Quickly: I’ve never had a quicker shave than with this machine. The blades are huge and the heads move in such a way that all those hard to reach places are easy to get at. I usually don’t have to go over an area multiple times – just one swipe and I’m done. I can even bring it in the shower with me if I’m in a particular hurry, which saves me even more time.
- HyrdaClean System: I’ve heard my friends complain about having to clean out electric shavers, but it hasn’t been an issue for me with this machine. The cleaning system takes care of all of that. All I have to do is drop it in the charger and walk away. When it’s done the blade looks clean and the shaver smells nice.
- Quick Charge: It’s nice to have some charging options available. I tend to forget to charge it (even when the LED display tells me I need to), so I make regular use of the emergency charge option. If I’m not in a mad hurry I let it charge all the way. Either way I’m covered.
- Quiet: My girlfriend was worried when I said I was going to start using an electric razor. I get up before she does and the walls of our apartment are paper thin. No worries there, though, since this machine is amazingly quiet. I’ve heard no complaints about it whatsoever (believe me, I’d hear about it), making mornings go that much more smoothly.
- Big Cleaning/Charging Unit: If you have a tiny bathroom, watch out. The cleaning/charging unit is a bit of a sink-hog. I usually only end up using the cleaner a couple times a week to save on cartridges, so I just tuck it under the sink when it’s not in use.
- Awkward On/Off Button Position; The way they placed the on/off button on the machine is a little bit awkward. When I first started using it I’d bump the button and turn the shaver off halfway through shaving! It’s not that hard to get used to, though, so after a bit of time it shouldn’t be a problem for you.
The Panasonic ES8249S Arc IV is one of the best gifts I’ve gotten in a while. It’s been saving me time, money, and hassle. The nanotech blades are large enough to make shaving quick, and the flexible heads eliminate the need to go over awkward places several times.
The cleaning and charging station makes life easy, and its quiet operation makes everyone happy. If you’re sick of disposables or are looking to upgrade, I’d definitely recommend this shaver.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 47% discount for the Panasonic ES8249S Arc IV Shaver. This is a massive savings of over $130 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer.