My job requires me to be clean shaven, so I use my Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Shaver every morning. This shave has exactly what I need to keep my face smooth and stubble-free. First of all, its GyroFlex 3D Heads are able to match every contour of my face while the SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly, giving me a very close shave without becoming uncomfortable.
The device also makes use of UltraTrack heads that are specifically designed to catch hairs of any length. Super Lift & Cut action grabs hair in order to cut below skin level, making the shave even closer. I can use this machine wet or dry thanks to its AquaTec Seal, and it travels well, so whether I’m at home or traveling I know I’ll be able to shave.
Finally, the JetClean system takes care of charging, cleaning, and lubricating the device so I don’t have to. With the 1280X I know I can head out the door every morning with a clean, comfortable shave.
- GyroFlex 3D Heads: The amount of technology that ends up in shavers these days is insane! The 1280X’s GyroFlex 3D Heads are just one example. These heads all move in different ways – they flex outward, move inward, and pivot around as I need them. This flexibility means they can match the shave of my face, giving me an extremely close shave.
- UltraTrack Shaving Head: I love this. This feature makes quick work of any length of hair. It’s designed with slots, channels, and holes. The slots take care of long hairs, the channels take care of the longest hairs, and the holes get rid of stubble. This means if I take a week off work and let my beard grow a bit it can handle the result just as well as it can shave off day-old stubble.
- Wet or Dry: I’m used to shaving with gel, but one morning when I was in a rush I tried it dry. It worked just as well! The AquaTec Seal keeps dry shaving much more comfortable than I anticipated it being. I like having the option of shaving dry if I’m having a busy morning or if I’m on the road and don’t want to lug gel with me.
- Easy to Clean: The thing I disliked the most about my previous shaver is what a pain it was to clean. This isn’t an issue with the 1280X. The JetClean system is very easy to use. I like that it both cleans and charges the shaver in one spot so I don’t have to worry about a bunch of accessories cluttering up my bathroom.
- A Little Irritation: The very first time I used the shaver dry I noticed a little irritation on my neck. It wasn’t that bad, but it was there. The more I used the shaver, though, the less irritation I felt. Now there aren’t any issues in that area.
- Head Replacements are Pricey: I took a look at the costs of replacement parts before I bought this shaver. The replacement heads weren’t cheap, which didn’t make me all the happy. However, this is such a high quality machine that I doubt I’ll have to replace the heads that often. I’ve been using this shaver for 8 months and the head is still going strong, so I’m pretty confident I won’t be ordering replacements all that often.
The 1280X is definitely a big step up from the razors I’ve been using up till now. The technology it employs makes for a quick and comfortable shave. The GyroFlex 3D Heads, UltraTrack Shaving Head, and SkinGlide shaving surface makes sure that the shave I get is both close and comfortable.
I like that it can be used wet or dry and that the cleaning and charging takes place in one device. It’s comfortable to use, easy to travel with, and is quiet enough that it doesn’t wake my girlfriend up in the morning! This is a fantastic razor that’s a great choice for anyone interested in a good shave.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 32% discount for the Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver. This is a massive savings of over $110 from the usual retail price so be sure to take advantage of this offer before it ends.