|Philips Norelco 6940 Reflex Action Men’s Shaving System|
|Retail Price: $19.99|
|Amazon Price: $98.77|
After trying some complex shavers with lots of bells and whistles, I decided I wanted something a little simpler. The Philips Norelco 6940 Reflex Action Men’s Shaving System definitely fit the bill. The price was right, but at the same time I’ve been getting a fantastic shave from it. Its patented Reflex Action System adjusts to the shape of my face, while its Super Lift and Cut Technology shaves below skin level.
These two features means I get a great shave while staying comfortable. Each of the three heads floats individually, which creates a very close shave. This shaver is cord-only, which means no batteries to worry about.
Finally, it’s ergonomically designed for maximum comfort while using it. I really like this machine because it gives a great shave without being loaded down with gimmicky extras. It’s all I need to get the job done.
- Reflex Action System: The reflex action system incorporated into the 6940 makes for an extremely close shave. As I move the device the heads are able to realign themselves with the contours of my face. They can easily get “up close and personal” to make sure every spot gets an even shave. The individually floating heads add more movement and closeness.
- Lift and Cut Technology: This shaver uses two blades to lift and cut hairs. The first blade grabs the hair and pulls it up, while the second one does the cutting. Pulling the hair up this way cuts below the surface of the skin, giving a close, smoother shave that lasts longer than other shavers.
- Cord Only: While I like having the option to run a shaver on batteries, I don’t like having to clutter up my bathroom with a charging stand. With the 6940 I’m under no obligation to leave it out on my sink all the time. Instead, once I’m done with it I can just throw it back in the drawer and not have to see it until the next time I shave.
- Ergonomic Design: This shaver was designed to be comfortable to use, both on your face and in your hands. I find the simple design to be very easy to hold onto, which gives me greater control over where the shaver goes. This, in turn, leads to a closer shave.
- Cord Only: Yes, I know I listed this under “pros” as well, but having the shaver be reliant on a cord is also a bit of a downside as well. The place I notice this most is when traveling. I have to travel a few times a month for my job, and I liked the convenience of a cordless shaver for when I had to pack up and go. A cord-dependant shaver is bulky, which can be a major disadvantage when you’re trying to fit everything into a carry-on bag.
- Can’t Be Cleaned Under Water: As you can imagine, it’s not a great idea to run this razor under water to clean it. You have to spend some quality time with a brush to get all the little hairs out. I’ve found that as long as I’m regular about cleaning it I never end up with a mess that’s really difficult to clean out.
I’m definitely very pleased with my Philips Norelco 6940 Shaving System. It’s got everything I’m looking for in a shaver without a bunch of bells and whistles. The reflex action system, individually floating heads, and lift and cut technology all work together to create a close, comfortable shave.
Its ergonomic design and cord-only operation make it convenient and easy to use. If you’re looking for a no-frills shaver that gets the job done, this one is for you.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering a 9% discount for the Philips Norelco 6940. This is a savings of $3.50 from the usual retail price.