|Philips Norelco 8020X Moisturizing Shaving System|
|Retail Price: $84.99|
|Amazon Price: $234.97|
My girlfriend got me the Philips Norelco 8020X Moisturizing Shaving System for my birthday. She was all excited about the Nivea For Men Conditioner Dispensing System that is built in. I’ll admit I was a little skeptical at first, but after giving it a try I’m hooked. It’s one of the most comfortable shaves I’ve ever had. The flex tracker head follows all the contours of my face, shaving very closely and comfortably. Glide rings help the shaver move more smoothly over my skin.
The dual-blade lift and cut system lifts hair to cut slightly below the skin, giving an extremely close shave. It’s designed to be used wet or dry, so if I’m in a hurry I can just bring it in the shower with me. The battery lasts for 30 minutes of use on a single charge, which for me equals about a week between charges.
It’s easy to clean under tap water, and even comes with a cleaning brush to deal with those annoying little hairs that can get stuck in the machine. All in all this shaver is comfortable, easy to use, and gives a fantastic shave.
- Conditioner Dispensing System: This shaver has a really useful conditioner dispensing system built in. All I have to do is press a button and out comes conditioner. This saves on time during a busy morning, and makes for an extremely comfortable shave.
- Flex Tracker System: The design of the heads makes for a very close shave. Each head has the ability to flex in response to how the device is held to my face. As I move it the heads move to match my face’s contours. This results in a very close shave with little hassle.
- Wet and Dry: In my experience this shaver works equally well both wet and dry. I usually prefer to shave after I get out of the shower, but when I’m in a hurry I will shave wet. The conditioner dispensing system makes both types of shaving very easy. No matter where I decide to shave, my experience is comfortable.
- Easy to Clean: There’s nothing I find more annoying than having to sink a lot of time into cleaning out my razor. This isn’t an issue with the 8020X. It’s designed to be washed under water, so I have to do is give it a good rinse and it’s just about clean. There’s a brush included to get rid of any extra hair. No sweat.
- 30 Minutes on a Charge: This shaver takes eight hours to charge and can go for thirty minutes between plug-ins. That’s enough for me to get a week of shaving in. I like that if I’m going on short trips I don’t have to worry about bringing the charger with me.
- Keep an Eye on the Charger: This system doesn’t come with a mechanism to shut off current once the battery is full. This means if you leave it plugged in for more than eight hours you may risk hurting the battery. I usually just plug it in before I go to bed Sunday night and unplug it as soon as I get up on Monday. I haven’t noticed any decrease in battery function using this method.
- Nivea Cream Can Be Pricey: The refills for the moisturizing cream can get a little bit pricey over time. Once I discovered this I switched to using regular shaving cream instead. I still get a shave that’s just as good and I can save the moisturizer for days when I’m in a rush.
The Philips Norelco 8020X Moisturizing Shaving System has made my morning routine much easier and more comfortable. The conditioner dispensing system is a really interesting feature that I enjoy using and the flex tracker system helps me get a close, comfortable shave. I’ve used it in and out of the shower and haven’t noticed any difference in quality. It’s easy to clean and will go for a while without needing to be charged. If you like the idea of being able to get a comfortable shave in or out of the shower, you’ll love this shaver.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering a 8% discount for the Philips Norelco 8020X. This means their current price is $7 cheaper than the usual retail price.