|Remington WDF-1600 Smooth & Silky Ultra Shaver, Rechargeable|
|Retail Price: $19.99|
|Amazon Price: $199.95|
This is a review written by Tara, my girlfriend.
I’ve been using disposable razors for as long as I can remember. I assumed that’s how you get a better shave, but making the switch to the Remington WDF-1600 Smooth & Silky Ultra Shaver has proven me wrong. This shaver is designed to give a close, comfortable shave. First of all, it comes equipped with Body Contour Safescreens to help hug curves and keep things comfortable.
Two Safescreens are included to protect skin from those annoying nicks. A SmoothCut Trimmer is included that’s perfect for bikini lines or if stubble has been growing for a few days. It’s a wet/dry shaver, so it can be used both inside and outside the shower. There’s even a comfort strip included, so your skin will feel great no matter how you use it. I’m glad I made the switch over to the Remington Smooth & Silky.
- Close Shave: The reason I was so cautious about switching to an electric razor was because I was worried about the closeness of the shave. I had heard that your shave isn’t as smooth with this type of shaver, but I think this model proves that assumption wrong! I’ve been getting a great shave: maybe not quite as close as with a razor, but close enough that I’m not going to complain!
- Safe from Nicks: As I’ve gotten older I’ve nicked myself with razors less and less, but it’s still an issue (especially in my tiny shower). I like that the Remington Smooth & Silky makes the chance of nicks much smaller. My legs look and feel better and I don’t have to go hopping around looking for band aids like my old razor forced me to do!
- Wet/Dry Shaver: I never dared to use a disposable razor dry, so I was excited to see how a wet/dry shaver would work. I’m very pleased with the results. I don’t notice much of a difference in quality between the two forms of shaving, so depending on my schedule I can pick the type that works best for me.
- Saves Money: Yes, electric razors are cheaper than disposable ones because you only have to pay once, but that’s not the only reason this model is cost effective. Because it’s rechargeable you also save on batteries. Once the battery runs out all I have to do is plug it in and wait. Compared to buying batteries all the time this is a real money saver.
- Expensive Replacement Parts: The cost for a replacement head for this device is almost as much as the shaver itself! If it were to break it would make more sense to just buy a whole new razor. I’m not worried about this, though, since this razor seems to hold up well to any abuse it gets. I’ve dropped it a couple of times but it still keeps right on working.
- May Cause Some Irritation: The first time I used this razor I had some irritation under my arms. It wasn’t too bad, but it was there. I found that the more I used it the less the irritation showed itself, until finally it wasn’t a problem at all. As long as you’re gentle and patient with it I don’t think irritation will be much of a problem.
I am happy with my decision to switch from disposable razors to the Remington Smooth & Silky. It does a great job giving a close, comfortable shave without nicking or cutting skin. It’s rechargeable, can be used wet or dry, and has a useful trimmer for bikini lines. Best of all I can use it over and over again without having to throw anything away! If you’re thinking of kicking the disposable habit, I’d definitely recommend this shaver as a good replacement.